[Specifynews] Correction: Specify Fala em Português

Beach, James H beach at ku.edu
Tue Nov 2 09:46:42 CDT 2010

Correction to: Specify Fala em Português

Apologies to Cristiane Bastos-Silveira of the Museu Nacional de História Natural, Universidade de Lisboa for omitting her as a delightful collaborator in our translation effort.  Thank you Christiane!  Here is the revised text.

The Specify Project is delighted to announce the fruit of a collaboration among collections scientists in Portugal, Brasil, and the United States--Specify speaks Portuguese. As a joint effort, we translated or "localized" the Specify user interface and database schema to Portuguese and cleared a path for additional language versions of Specify software.

The Specify Project Staff is proud to have had as collaborators in this effort, researchers at the Instituto de Investigação Científica Tropical, Lisboa, including: Rui Figueira (Lead and Specify Collaborator of the Year for 2010), Luís Catarino, and Margarida Pinheiro. We also had dedicated contributions from Cristiane Bastos-Silveira, Museu Nacional de História Natural, Universidade de Lisboa, and from collections scientists Itamar Barbosa de Lima of the Universidade Federal da Paraíba, Brasil, and Daniel Trusman (and others) of the Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas da Amazônia (INPA), Manaus.

We would also like to acknowledge our ongoing collections informatics collaboration with Laurindo Campos, Núcleo de BioGeo Informática, Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas da Amazônia, Manaus, and our upcoming training collaboration with museum scientists at Museu Paraense Emílio Goeldi, Belém, Pará.

James H. Beach
Biodiversity Institute
University of Kansas
1345 Jayhawk Boulevard