[Specify Project News] Specify 6 workshops at KU

Bentley, Andrew Charles abentley at ku.edu
Wed Jun 27 14:48:10 CDT 2012

Hi all

The Specify team would once again like to host Specify 6 workshops at the University of Kansas Biodiversity Institute for all interested parties sometime during October or November of this year, depending on interest.  This time we would like to do things a little differently and have one workshop for beginner users and one for more advanced users.  Each workshop will be two full days (9am-5pm).

The beginner user workshop will focus more on the fundamental aspects of Specify and less on the more advanced topics of the attached agenda while the advanced workshop will focus more on the advanced topics and less on the fundamentals.

The beginner workshop would be good for those who are new to Specify or just starting out who wish to get a thorough understanding of the basic operation of Specify for day-to-day use.

The advanced workshop would be ideal for those who are familiar with Specify but wish to learn more about the more advanced functioning of the package.

Both workshops will cover all topics but in more or less detail based on the workshop.  We will leave it up to you to decide which workshop is more appropriate for you.

All participants will be liable for their own expenses and travel arrangements.  We would be happy to help where necessary with hotel and airport shuttle recommendations.  Participants should aim to arrive the day before and leave the day after the workshop so factor this into your calculation of availability.  We will provide coffee breaks morning and afternoon and this may also present an opportunity for attendees to meet with other members of the staff for additional assistance.  If this is of interest please let us know and plan an extra day at KU to allow for this.

If you are interested in either workshop please add your name and available dates to the appropriate Doodle calendar below (we have included all week days in October and November for consideration).  We will be restricting numbers to 10 participants per workshop and will decide on dates based on the most popular choices.

Beginner workshop - http://www.doodle.com/443zcym2ees8fa6f
Advanced workshop - http://www.doodle.com/4xithefm8h8uipwi

Feel free to contact us with any questions.  Please complete the Doodle calendar as soon as possible to secure your spot and allow us time to plan.

Thanks

Andy

    A  :             A  :             A  :
 }<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<)))_°>