Biodiversity and Bio Collections Gopher
beach at HUH.HARVARD.EDU
Fri Dec 18 12:00:02 CST 1992
Biodiversity and Biological Collections Gopher
The Biodiversity and Biological Collections Gopher has been established to
provide Internet access to various types of systematics, biodiversity and
biological collections information. The Gopher includes key-word searchable
type specimen catalogs, information about biodiversity database projects,
taxonomic authority files (such as the Gray Herbarium Index of New World
Plants), reports from biological standards organizations, issues of the
electronic botanical journal 'Flora Online,' and miscellaneous scientific
database workshop proceedings.
The Gopher is located at 'huh.harvard.edu,' and can be accessed through any
Gopher client program for DOS, OS/2, Macintosh, VMS, Unix computers. Access
is unrestricted and available to any user on an Internet-connected computer.
Queries on how to access the Biodiversity and Biological Collections Gopher
should be sent to: Noel Cross (noel at huh.harvard.edu). The Gopher system and
Gopher protocols operate between computers with an Internet (TCP/IP) connection.
Main Gopher Menu:
1. About the Biodiversity and Biological Collections Gopher.
2. Search Museum Collection Catalogs/
3. Biodiversity Database Projects/
4. Authority Files/
5. Electronic Mail Directories/
6. Other Biological Gophers/
7. National Science Foundation Gopher (Award Abstracts)/
8. Newsletters and Journals/
9. Standards Organizations and Reports/
10. Workshop Information/
11. Taxacom Services/
12. Other Gopher and Information Servers/
More information about the Taxacom