No subject

JsNO BAR---NUNN nunn at NUTMEG.CS.NTU.EDU.AU
Mon Jan 18 11:04:12 CST 1993

                              MONTANUS 1.2b - Announcement
                              ----------------------------

Hello All,

  I was going to announce this in "bionet.software", but our usenet server has
been down for over a week. This is probably the wrong place to announce this,
and I do appolise- I'll be very brief.

  About 8 months ago, Jason Nunn (me) and ChandraMohan T. set out to make
a system to replace the DELTA system (written by Mick Dallwitz) in use at the
Herbarium section of the NT, Conservation Commission in Australia. The users
 here,
found DELTA to be very useful, but very un-user friendly. MONTANUS, as our
 system
is called, mimics the functions of DELTA: CONFOR & INTKEY, but in a user
 friendly
manner.

The first beta release of MONTANUS is now finished, and will be released next
 week.
I am looking for some beta users to test out and see what they think of
 MONTANUS.
If your are interested, please connect me (on: nunn at pandanus.cs.ntu.edu.au).

:Jason Nunn