Taxonomy of sedges

Jim Croft jrc at ANBG.GOV.AU
Thu Mar 18 10:37:05 CST 1993

Fax Copy: Karen Wilson (Herb. NSW)

> Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1993 06:34:40 GMT
> To: "bionet.plants mail newsgroup" <bionet-news at daresbury.ac.uk>
> From: BROWNING at gate2.cc.unp.ac.za (Jane Browning)
> Subject: Taxonomy of sedges
> Sender: plant-taxonomy-request at mailbase.ac.uk
>
> If there are taxonomists working on Cyperaceae, please would they
> be so kind as to supply me with their EMail addresses so that I
> could communicate with them.

There are heaps of sedgeophiles in the world, but not many have email
access.  Try Wayt Thomas at New York (wthomas at nybg.org) and Jeremy Bruhl
at Armidale, Australia (jbruhl at metz.une.edu.au).

> I would also appreciate EMail addresses of staff working in
> herbaria.

If you have not done so already, you should subscribe to Jane Mygatt's
Plant Taxonomists On-line (PTO) - send an email message to Jane at
jmygatt at bootes.unm.edu or jmygatt at unmb.bitnet and receive a long list of
botanists names adresses, fax number, telephone numbers and email
addresses, plus a list of herbaria with email access.

> Jane Browning
> Natal University Herbarium (NU), Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
> BROWNING at Gate2.cc.unp.ac.za

I have a list of Australian botanical/biological contants that I will
send shortly after a little tidying up.

jim
Jim Croft                  [Herbarium CBG]           internet: jrc at anbg.gov.au
Australian National Botanic Gardens                     voice:  +61-6-2509 490
GPO Box 1777, Canberra, ACT 2601, AUSTRALIA               fax:  +61-6-2509 599
____Biodiversity Directorate, Australian National Parks & Wildlife Service____