Report on National Biological Survey

Robert Robbins rrobbins at GDB.ORG
Thu Oct 7 17:12:52 CDT 1993

The National Research Council report on the National Biological
Survey is now available.  A description of the report and
instructions for obtaining a copy follow.

This notice is posted as a public service.

Disclosure: I served as a member of the committee that drafted the
report but I have no financial interest in the sales of the report.

               A BIOLOGICAL SURVEY FOR THE NATION

  Committee on the Formation of the National Biological Survey
                    National Research Council

   Our country has long recognized the importance of its
biological resources.  Yet we often lack sufficient scientific
knowledge to make wise decisions about them.  This realization
has led to calls for new ways of providing this information,
including the formation of a national biological survey.  This
volume discusses key issues and problems for which an improved
assessment of the nation's biological resources is needed; the
kinds of efforts in research and information management required
to create that assessment; and how government, private
organizations, and individuals can work together to meet the
needs identified.  Policymakers, resource managers, public
interest groups, and researchers will find this book useful as
they participate in the national dialogue on this topic and take
actions to implement the survey activities.

 ISBN 0-309-04984-0; 1993, 174 pages, 6 x 9, paperbound, $26.00

                           ORDER FORM

Please send me _____ copy(ies) of A Biological Survey for the
Nation at $26.00 each.  Add $4.00 for shipping and handling for
the first book ordered and $0.50 for each additional book.
Residents of CA, DC, MD, MO, TX, VA, or Canada please add
applicable sales tax or GST.

I am enclosing a check for $__________.

Bill my  __ MasterCard   __ VISA   __ American Express

Account #:   _________________________________________________

Expires:     _________________________________________________

Signature:   _________________________________________________

Phone number:_________________________________________________

SHIP TO:
       Name:
    Address:
       City:
      State:
        Zip:

Return this form with your payment to

     NATIONAL ACADEMY PRESS
     2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
     Box 285
     Washington, DC  20055.

To order by phone using VISA/MasterCard/American Express, call
toll-free 1-800-624-6242 or call (202) 334-3313 in the Washington
metropolitan area.