new species database and ICZN

MCCAINKW at DUVM.BITNET MCCAINKW at DUVM.BITNET
Mon Aug 29 09:26:02 CDT 1994

Can Isidro (or anyone else) guide me to a citeable source for the proposal
mentioned below?  I am completing a paper on sharing/deposition of research
materials and would like to represent the concerns of the taxanomic community
more fully if possible.

Kate McCain
College of Information Studies
Drexel University

mccainkw at duvm.ocs.drexel.edu
Sorry, I have no details about this, but I recently read about a proposal
from a malacologist that suggests to include in the next International Code
of Zoological Nomenclature provisions to make obligatory to deposite copies
of all publications including new species descriptions. Probably a good no-
menclatorial and taxonomical tool if electronic archiving (and dissemination)
is the option selected. No more information, but it could be interesting to
recieve opinions about this issue.

Isidro F. Aguillo
CINDOC-CSIC
Madrid. SPAIN.