DELTA Menu System for Windows

Nicholas Lander nlander at WA.ERIN.GOV.AU
Thu Aug 4 19:39:00 CDT 1994

I am curious to know how many of you are using my DELTA Menu System for
Windows.  I would very much appreciate any comments and criticisms you may
have.  I have very little feedback to date, which is a bit odd considering
the immense fuss everyone has made about the difficulty of using the DELTA
System suite of programs.

DELTA MENU SYSTEM comprises a software management system to bring together
DELTA and other software employed under an easily operated menuing shell.
DELTA MENU SYSTEM is a WINDOWS program.  It presents the user with the
choice of many of the tasks involved in creating and maintaining a DELTA
implementation and some of the available applications which utilise
descriptive data in DELTA format. For workaday chores at least, DELTA MENU
SYSTEM obviates the need for exiting to DOS to issue commands from the DOS
Prompt direct, or for resorting to the WINDOWS Task Manager, Program Manager
or File Manager utilities.  DELTA MENU SYSTEM can be configured to call the
software of your choice for editing and viewing of text and image files.

The system is available by gopher or anonymous ftp from the following
Internet hosts:

     Host                   Directory
     --------------------   -------------------------
     huh.harvard.edu        /pub/software/delta/dms
     life.anu.edu.au        /pub/delta/dms
     spider.ento.csiro.au   /delta/dms

The distribution package consists of a text file Download.1st, containing
this information about downloading the programs, and a self-expanding file
dmswin at .exe, containing the program and documentation. The files must be
transmitted in binary mode, set by the ftp command `binary'. (Failure to do
so will result in the error message `HeaderC Error' when the .exe files are
run.)

Copy the file DMSWIN at .EXE into the DELTA directory (usually C:\DELTA) on
your MS-DOS computer, and expand it by entering DMSWIN at . The file DMSWIN.DOC
contains details of installation and operation.

Nicholas S. Lander              Phone:          +61 9 334 0487
Principal Research Scientist    Fax:            +61 9 334 515
Western Australian Herbarium    Email:          nlander at wa.erin.gov.au
PO Box 104
Como WA 6152
AUSTRALIA