Clustering program

Mike Dallwitz miked at ENTO.CSIRO.AU
Tue Aug 9 13:18:15 CDT 1994

> I am looking for taxonomic cluster analysis programs that can process
> large numbers of OTUs (~1300 strains) and run on a PC.
>
> Esther Asaki
> easaki at helix.nih.gov

The DELTA programs (available from the Taxacom ftp server) can produce distance
matrices using the Gower metric, and can carry out clustering using a variety
of agglomerative strategies. The main limitation on the size of the data matrix
is in the clustering program, PCLASS. The MS-DOS version can handle about 500
OTU's. The OS/2 version is currently dimensioned to handle about 1000 OTU's,
but this could easily be increased if required.

Mike Dallwitz                                  Internet md at ento.csiro.au
CSIRO Division of Entomology                   Fax +61 6 246 4000
GPO Box 1700, Canberra ACT 2601, Australia     Phone +61 6 246 4075