deep hole in Golfo Dulce, Costa Rica

Daniel Janzen djanzen at SAS.UPENN.EDU
Sat Aug 27 13:57:20 CDT 1994

27 August 1994.  Philadlephia.

Dear All:

    I am in search of ANY information on the biology, geology, hydrology,
etc. of the 300+ m deep hole in the north center of the Golfo Dulce, which
is the long bay between the Osa Peninsula and the mainland on the southern
Pacific coast of Costa Rica (just above the Panama border).  Trawls,
surveys, cores, descriptions, bacteria, nematodes, worms, clams, fossils,
fish, etc.

    The reason is an exploration of the concept of converting the upper
part of this bay into a marine portion of the Osa Conservation Area.

1994, but later responses will be very much appreciated as well.  I will
not be able to respond to any of them before 11 September 1994.  It would
be extremely convenient if any hard copy materials were to be sent to the
Costa Rican address below.

     Sincerely yours

     Daniel H. Janzen
     Professor of Biology

Daniel H. Janzen                  FAX 215-898-8780
Professor of Biology
Department of Biology             tel 215-898-5636
University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA 19104

or

Daniel H. Janzen
c/o Instituto Nacional de Biodiversidad (INBio)
Apdo. 22-3100 Santo Domingo de Heredia
Heredia
Costa Rica

FAX 506 236-2816
tel 506 236-7690

I pick up e-mail at both addresses; I am usually in Costa Rica from January
through August, and at Penn September through December.