your mail

Meredith Lane MLANE at UKANVAX.BITNET
Tue Dec 27 23:16:26 CST 1994

Diana:
I echo Kent's comments. Have been on 10 searches in the past 6 years, and
have repeatedly been surprised by the lack of "match" between candidate
#1 (or 2 or 3) and the department or unit concerned (with a single
exception, whom we hired). ALWAYS interview as many as there are dollars
to bring in.
Cheers,

Meredith A. Lane                        Director, R.L.McGregor Herbarium
2045 Constant Ave.                      Assoc. Professor, Dept. of Botany
Campus West                             Editor, PLANT SCIENCE BULLETIN
Lawrence  KS  66047-3729        913/864-4493 or -7364  FAX: -5298 or -5294
                        UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS
                        mlane at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu

ÿÿ    Re: your mail                                                          R