General information

Jim Croft jrc at ANBG.GOV.AU
Sat Feb 19 12:09:56 CST 1994

Marcos Sobral wrote:

> I'm writing you in order to know about the possibilities of using your
 services
> through e-mail. Would it be possible, for instance, to obtain a list of
> researchers and institutions that have e-mail signs? I do not know any other
> source from which obtaining it. If you can give me any information about it, I
> would be very grateful.
> Thank you sincerely for your help.

The first place to look is Jane Mygatt's Plant Taxonomists On-line (PTO),
distributed by email from jmygatt at bootes.unm.edu.  Send Jane a note if
you wish to be included on this list and receive new editions.  This
list has contact details of individuals and institutions

In case people skipped over the header information in the last list, the
PTO file is just now available through the University of New Mexico
gopher at:

Name=Plant Taxonomists On-line (PTO)
Type=1
Port=70
Path=1/academic/pto
Host=gopher.unm.edu

or for WWW:

<A HREF=gopher://gopher.unm.edu:70/1academic/pto/>Plant Taxonomists
On-line (PTO)</A>

This file is also mirrored on the Australian National Botanic Gardens
server, where a searchable WAIS index is also provided:

Name=Plant Taxonomists On-line (PTO)
Type=1
Port=70
Path=1/contacts/pto
Host=155.187.10.12

or for WWW:

<A HREF=gopher://155.187.10.12:70/1contacts/pto/>Plant Taxonomists
On-line (PTO)</A>

The Harvard Biodiversity gopher also provides a searchable copy of PTO
(can not get through to the hoset at the moment so can look up the path
information):

Name=
Type=1
Port=70
Path=1/
Host=huh.harvard.edu

or for WWW:

<A HREF=gopher://huh.harvard.edu:70/1/> </A>

Hope this is of use...

jim
Jim Croft           [Herbarium CBG]               internet: jrc at anbg.gov.au
Australian National Botanic Gardens                  voice:  +61-6-2509 490
GPO Box 1777, Canberra, ACT 2601, AUSTRALIA            fax:  +61-6-2509 599
                          URL=http://155.187.10.12:80/people/croft.jim.html
______Biodiversity Directorate, Australian Nature Conservation Agency______