Sequence Analysis Bibliog. ref. D-Bank

petry paulo fish PETRYP wildlife petryp at UCS.ORST.EDU
Mon Feb 21 11:44:31 CST 1994

From: Ananias Escalante <aescalan at beadle.bio.uci.edu>
Subject: SEQANALR release 48. (fwd)
To: Lista de Biologia <Biologia at MIT.EDU>

SEQUENCE ANALYSIS BIBLIOGRAPHIC REFERENCE DATA BANK
Release: 48.0 / February 1994
There are 2371 references and 1193 abstracts in this release.

As many GOPHER or WAIS servers providing SEQANALREF do not seem to realize
that this database is updated monthly, I am posting this message to remind
them that its time they should update their version !!!!

What is SeqanalRef ?

SEQANALREF is a  bibliographic reference data bank relative  to papers dealing
with sequence analysis. This data banks stores the references of articles from
the expanding field of  mathematical  and  computer  analysis  of biomolecular
sequences. The majority of entries belong to one of the following categories:

 - Algorithms for protein  and nucleic acid  sequence  analysis:  primary,
   secondary and tertiary structure analysis; pattern matching; similarity
   searches; alignments, etc.
 - Algorithms for sequence-based phylogenetic analysis.
 - Description of biopolymer data banks:  nucleic acid,  protein, tertiary
   structure, carbohydrates, etc.
 - Description of software packages.
 - Description of on-line services for molecular biologists.

This data bank  is  composed  of  two  ASCII  (text)  files:  the  first  file
(SEQANALR.DAT)  contains  the   references,  the  second  file  (SEQANALR.ABS)
contains the abstracts.

This data bank is available from various sources. This release has been
updated on:

    Organism : National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI)
    Address  : ncbi.nlm.nih.gov (or 130.14.20.1)
    Directory: /repository/seqanalref

    Organism : ExPASy (Geneva University Expert Protein Analysis System)
    Address  : expasy.hcuge.ch  (or 129.195.254.61)
    Directory: /databases/seqanalref

Best Fishes,

                         /////////
                       //////////
              ------------------------.
          /     Oregon State University   \            //////
        /         Dept. of Fisheries        \@@       //////
      /        )     Nash hall 104             @____///////
    /   ( @ )   )  Corvallis OR 97331             ////////
    >            )     Paulo Petry                \\\\\\\
    \             ) petryp at ucs.orst.edu         ____\\\\\\\
         \     )   Neotropical Ichthyology   /\ \       \\\\\\
                    I FISH THEREFORE I AM !
           AMAZON FLOODPLAIN FISH ECOLOGY RESEARCH