More on Questions on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Restoration

STEVE YOUNG 703-235-5593 YOUNG.STEVE at EPAMAIL.EPA.GOV
Thu Jun 2 11:11:00 CDT 1994

          Peter (mip-arch at garnet.berkeley.edu (Museum Informatics Project))
          wrote:

          "Steve,
          The questions posed by your colleague's IWR group are _really_(!)
          fine/tough ones; I would like to see the responses to them posted
          directly to any, preferably one, of these lists, which should
          result in more ample and sharpened discussion.

          In any case, whatever else you do, I urge you to archive the
          direct-to-you responses to your solicitation, in email format
          [i.e., the format in which it arrived in _your_ emailbox], and
          seek an archive site that will permit you to post the entire
          messages in a way that we [the public/professional] can access
          them, e.g., an FTP or gopher site.

          While I am confident that you can summarize the responses, the
          original texts are likely to have a tone, innuendo, and emphasis
          of their own, and will be of additional value for those reason,
          as well.
          Peter"

          I agree and will investigate an archive site, good suggestion.
          Ideas as to good sites welcomed!

          I would have preferred to get responses posted to one list.
          Unfortunately, I can't find any list that focuses on ecosystem/
          ecological restoration and felt that I needed to cross-post and
          encourage further postings. I feared that responses would turn up
          on lists I'm not subscribed to!

          Looking forward to people's thoughts on those questions! Cheers,

                         Steve
                                   young.steve at epamail.epa.gov