Gopher Holes and Databases

Don at Don at
Fri Mar 25 13:07:20 CST 1994

----------

Hello Netters,

        I recently looked through the archives of this list and noticed a vast
number of gopher holes popping up that hold searchable databases.  I was
curious to know if anyone has kept a list of gopher holes that deal with
museum collections.

        My basic need is this,  I am working on the Gap Analysis of Arkansas,
a biodiversity study funded by the US F&WS.  I am looking for as many museum
records of collections of terrestrial vertebrates in Arkansas as possible.  I
have spoken with many of the museums in Arkansas already and am presently
searching for more.  Does anyone have any leads for me ?  I have already
turned up the Slater Museum of Natural History, a gopher hole located at
Harvard... Are there other holes out there that people have set up ??

        Thanks for any help.

        Don Catanzaro

Don Catanzaro                                           |Phone: (501)-575-6159
Arkansas Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit      |Fax:   (501)-575-3846
University of Arkansas                                  |e-mail:
Fayetteville, Arkansas  72701                           |dgc at CAST.uark.edu

        "Part of working for a living is working for a world to live in"