Faculty of Ecology

Walter Berendsohn wgb at FUB46.ZEDAT.FU-BERLIN.DE
Mon Mar 21 19:00:42 CST 1994

Information request

On behalf of a friend I should like to ask you to reply to the
following question, or possibly tell me where on the internet it
should be placed:

"We are preparing for a proposal to a german state government
to found a faculty of ecology. In our opinion, ecology is a
branch of science in its own right. There is an urgent need
for a non-diciplinary approach beside the established courses
of study, departments, or sections of ecology in existing
faculties of biology, sociology, medicine, etc.
For the proposal we would like to draw on existing experience.
Do you know of any existing faculties of the described type,
especially in the United States?"

Thank you very much for your co-operation.

Walter G. Berendsohn         BGBM Section EDP and Documentation
wgb at zedat.fu-berlin          Tel.: +49 30 83006 -143, FAX: -186
      Botanical Garden and Botanical Museum Berlin-Dahlem
       Koenigin-Luise-Strasse 6-8, 14191 Berlin, Germany