looking for cynomys and marmota

Tina Rouse tinar at FOSSIL.BERKELEY.EDU
Tue May 3 08:30:49 CDT 1994

Hi all.  I've heard that this might be an appropriate forum to
put out a general request for specimens.  I am a grad student at
UCBerkeley, and my dissertation work includes morphometrics on
prairie dogs and marmots.  I am looking for both modern and
fossil specimens of both genera, particularly lower jaws and skulls.
Of the prairie dogs, I'm looking for Cynomys ludovicianus, but
especially the other species, C. leucurus, parvidens, gunnisoni,
mexicanus, spenceri, churcherii, niobrarius.  Of the marmots,
any North American taxon is of interest.  Please contact me directly
at tinar at fossil.berkeley.edu, or through the listserver, if you can
offer any assistance.  Thanks.
Tina Rouse
Dept. of Integrative Biology