homologs and homologies

Matt Buys matt at MATIES.SUN.AC.ZA
Wed May 11 22:04:00 CDT 1994

Please excuse my ignorance, but my colleagues are unable to
help.

I refer you to: Nelson, G. 1989. Cladistics and evolutionary
models. Cladistics 5: 275-289.

Page 279.  ... organisms are homologs and have homologs as their
parts; taxa are homologies and have homologies as their parts...

Pray tell, what is the difference between homologs and homologies?

* Matt Buys                    *                               *
* Dept. of Botany              * Tel: (021) 808 3604           *
* University of Stellenbosch   * Fax: (021) 808 4336           *
* Private Bag X5018            *                               *
* 7599  Stellenbosch           * E-Mail: matt at maties.sun.ac.za *
* South Africa                 *                               *