collection codens

zarazaga zarazaga at CC.CSIC.ES
Wed May 4 09:37:21 CDT 1994

use the codens provided by Arnett & al. (1993), this situation could
perhaps be true in North America, but it is not in Europe (at least
in the entomology area I know). I would bet on a World mandatory list
similar to that of herbaria. Madrid Museum coden is MNMS in Arnett,
and I am afraid nobody in Europe will use it, being the commonest
abbreviations MNCN or MCNM. On the other hand, public collections
listed in this work for Europe are very incomplete.
Best wishes,
*    Miguel A. Alonso- Zarazaga (Dr)                       *
*    Depto. de Biodiversidad                               *
*    Museo Nacional de Ciencias Naturales                  *
*    Jose Gutierrez Abascal, 2                             *
*    E-28006 Madrid SPAIN                                  *
*    Tlf. +34-1-411.13.28 (ext. 1110)                      *
*    Fax  +34-1-564.50.78                                  *