Locality Information on the Internet

Dylan Fuller MNHBO083 at SIVM.SI.EDU
Thu May 19 12:41:34 CDT 1994

I know that in the Department of Botany here at the NMNH, Smithsonian, the
issue of access to precise locality data has been debated. The common
wisdom is that precise locality information should be restricted access
for at the very least vulnerable and/or desirable species.

My opinion is that perhaps all precise loclaity data be restricted access.
This type of security can be handled in many different ways. Of course some
people will always find a way to get the information they want...

Dylan Fuller
Hawaiian Vascular Plants Project