column editors

T.K. Wilson TWILSON at MU-SUPPORT.ACS.MUOHIO.EDU
Thu Nov 10 14:19:35 CST 1994

Ken Hill asked

>does anyone know a column editor for DOS or windoze that can be used
>for editing aligned DNA sequences down for input into e.g. HENNIG86?
>thanks in advance

Yes, VEDIT, from Greenview Data, Inc., 1955 Pauline Blvd., Ann Arbor,
MI 48103.  Phone: (313) 996-1299.   You can order direct from them or
any number of software distributors.
    VEDIT is a programmers editor and will handle multiple files in
many windows, has multiple test registers and supports a very
complete macro script language.  Last time I checked the price was
less than $150.
    If you need more information contact me directly.

Thomas K. Wilson
Dept. of Botany
Miami University             ! Miami was a University when
Oxford OH 45056              ! Florida belonged to Spain  !
USA
513.529.4210 office
513.529.4243 fax