A Renumbering Program for Delta Chars

Guang Hua Zhu zhu at MOBOT.MOBOT.ORG
Wed Nov 9 13:34:14 CST 1994

Delta Users,

In the process of using the Delta program for my revision of
Dracontium, I have to frequently modify the chars file by adding,
removing, or changing sequencing of characters.  After each
modification, I have to renumber every character after the
correction.  Doing it one by one is really time consuming and it
is easy to make more mistakes.  I asked Hong Song, a computer
expert at the Missouri Botanical Garden, to write a renumbering
program to do the job.  Although there maybe other programs can
do the same thing, this program is very easy to use and allows
the character to start with '#'.

If you want to try the program, download the file called
renum.exe (14 KB) using anonymous ftp from ginkgo.mobot.org at
directory /pub/DOS/Delta_UT.  If you don't have access to ftp,
please send me a mail with subject "get renum.exe".  I will mail
the program in the uuencoded format.

To use the program, type RENUM filename.  It only take a second
for a file of 150 characters.  It will save your old file as
'filename.bak'.  If you have any questions about this program,
please send a msg to me or to Hong Song at: song at mobot.org.

Guanghua Zhu
Missouri Botanical Garden
P.O. Box 299
St. Louis, MO 63166-0299
Phone: (314) 577-5177  Fax: (314) 577-9596
E-mail: zhu at mobot.org