USFWS permit guidelines *URGENT* (fwd)

DOUG YANEGA KUENTO at KUHUB.CC.UKANS.EDU
Thu Sep 29 11:06:39 CDT 1994

> Date: Wed, 28 Sep 1994 22:23:28 -0400
> From: MCT at delphi.com
> Subject: USFWS Rules Review
>
>   The U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service is revising parts of 50 CFR 13 and 14
> applying to designated ports of entry requirements, import and export
> declaration requirements, and several other subjects. The details are
> in the Federal Register of September 14, vol. 59, pages 47212-47216.
> Comments should go to Director, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, P.O. Box
> 3247, Arlington, VA 22203-3247. Deadline for comments is Nov. 14.
>   I urge all interested persons to read the above document, especially
> the somewhat snide comments about scientists on page 47215. This review has
> been underway since 1991 and according to the notice, only three scientific
> associations have commented (compared to 8 sportsman associations). The
> sections under review even if changed would not remedy all the problems
> the entomological community has with current wildlife laws, but it would
> be a start. This is our first chance to have our voices heard; let's not
> blow it.
>
> Michael C. Thomas, Ph.D.
> Florida State Collection of Arthropods
> Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services
> P.O. Box 147100
> Gainesville, FL 32614-7100 U.S.A.
> email: mct at delphi.com  fax: (904) 955-2301  voice: (904) 372-3505
forwarded by:
-------(please include "DY" in subj header of mail to this user)--------
Doug Yanega        Illinois Natural History Survey, 607 E. Peabody Dr.
Champaign, IL 61820                             Bitnet: KUENTO at UKANVAX