private library (botanical material) for sale (fwd)

Robert Robbins rrobbins at GDB.ORG
Sun Sep 25 15:09:40 CDT 1994

Of possible interest...

If interested, request list from addressee below.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 1994 11:18:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: Shoshana Edwards <bree at netcom.com>
To: biblio at iris.claremont.edu
Subject: private library for sale

Books From Bree has been authorized to offer for sale a private botany
collection.  This collection of more than 600+ pieces (books, pamphlets,
journal articles, monographs, etc.) appears to be primarily serious
scholarly works for professional botanical scientists.  There are a few,
approximately 10% of the collection, "collectibles" although it should be
warned that some of the more desireable works are only portions of
multi-volume sets.

At any rate, the list will be ready in about one month.  It will be
lengthy!  Therefore we are asking anyone who would like to receive it to
send us email requests.  If you want it via email please indicate.  If
you want it snail, send us your post awful address.  We will not! be
posting on this list, since I anticipate many, many pages.  We will be
providing descriptions and background where appropriate, and detailed
descriptions of most volumes.

Dealers:  Please inquire about discounts, which will be low since this is
a commissioned sale.

Regards, Shoshana

Books From Bree - bree at netcom.com

"Rat!" he found breath to whisper, shaking.  "Are you afraid?"
"Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
"Afraid!  Of Him? O, never, never! And yet--and yet--O Mole, I am afraid!"
                                        Wind in the Willows, K. Graham