Scanning drawings/ storing images

Paulo Petry - Fisheries petryp at UCS.ORST.EDU
Mon Feb 20 08:41:49 CST 1995

Folks,
        For those interested in image manipulation, there is a nice
document on the web deals especifically with jpeg format.  They give hints
on new shareware softwares, and general information on the jpeg
compression protocol.  The files are updated every two weeks.
The web site is:

http://www.cic.ohio-state.edu/hypertext/faq/usenet/FAQ-LIST.html
or                                           ..../jpeg-faq/top.html

There are two files, part 1 and 2.

Best Fishes,
Figure 1- Tambaqui feeding on fruits from the flooded forest
                         /////////
                       //////////
              ------------------------.
          /     Oregon State University   \            //////
        /         Dept. of Fisheries        \@@       //////
      /        )     Nash hall 104             @____///////
    /   ( @ )   )  Corvallis OR 97331             ////////
  @@>            )     Paulo Petry                \\\\\\\
    \             ) petryp at ucs.orst.edu         ____\\\\\\\
      \         )   petryp at cr-am.rnp.br       /\      \\\\\\\
         \     )   Neotropical Ichthyology   /\ \       \\\\\\
                    I FISH THEREFORE I AM !
           AMAZON FLOODPLAIN FISH ECOLOGY RESEARCH