Digitized plant pictures on offer (free)

Miguel Jesus Diaz Macedo mjdm at FCIENCIAS.UNAM.MX
Tue Feb 21 06:19:35 CST 1995

On Mon, 20 Feb 1995, Marco_Bleeker wrote:

>   Hi all,
>
>   I have some digitized plant pictures on offer. Last year I had 2 Kodak
> Photo CD's made, a total of about 180 good pictures.
>
> * DUTCH WILD PLANTS, but also some from other parts of Europe, and quite
>   a few garden plants as well.
> * TROPICAL RAIN FOREST: Surinam (S.A.). Mostly plants, many of them
>   epiphytes, but also the odd butterfly, frog, snake, lizard, etc. And
>   some human beings too (Djoeka Bushnegro, Galibi Indians).
>
>   If you are interested, just ask me, and I'll send you a species list of
> one of these CD's. I can also attach a JPG-file, being a 'contact sheet'
> of a selection of 24 'thumbnails' of either one CD. These are 108 Kb.
>   From that you could make your choice. I will distribute JPG's of my
> photo's for free, as long as it's for non-commercial use. These JPG's
> will be about 120,000 pixels (e.g. 300 x 400), 75% quality, varying from
> 25 to 50 Kb.
>
>   ENCODING...
>   I use Eudora, and if you do too, you can skip reading this paragraph I
> suppose. The attached JPG files will be encoded in the Mime format - as a
> default. If your e-mail program does not support this, please tell me how
> you want me to send the picture files. I can also encode with BinHex, or
> include a Uuencoded file in the msg-body. At the moment I am gathering a
> short list of FTP-sites that carry decoding programs.
>
>   Well, enough technotalk, let's make the Internet and our desktop a
> more beautiful place !  Send in your replies now, I'm ready for them -
> this week :-)
>
>   Bye, Marco
> <mbleeker at euronet.nl>...........Plants, Programs and Primitive creatures
> <Marco Bleeker>.......................................Amsterdam, Holland

hi Marco.

First any, thanks for your offering. Of course I'm intereseted in obtain
a copy of all them if posible. I actually use pine so I think there is no
problem with MIME.

ADIOS y GRACIAS Miguel.

Miguel Diaz Macedo
CONABIO, Mexico D.F.