contacts Zoological Institute, St. Petersburg, Russia

Gary R Noonan carabid at CSD.UWM.EDU
Tue Feb 28 09:14:18 CST 1995

        Earlier this month I requested information about E-mail addresses
for the Zoological Institute, St. Petersburg, Russia. Several colleagues
kindly provided suggestions, and other colleagues asked that the results be
made known.
         Attempts to reach the Institute by E-mail all failed, resulting in
messages such as "host unknown". One colleague said he had been told that
financial problems caused the closing of the Institute's E-mail account.
Several colleagues suggested E-mail addresses for other institutions in St.
Petersburg, such as one for botany. Attempts to reach these addresses gave a
different message, "connection refused". Some of the messages from Taxacom
colleagues provided fax numbers. I sent a fax to 1 such number but received
no response.
         Apparently financial problems have had significant impact at the
Institute. I can't provide a listing of tried addresses and fax numbers
because the messages with them were accidentally deleted rather than saved
to a file.

                     *  Gary Noonan                         *
                     *  Curator of Insects                  *
                     *  Milwaukee Public Museum             *
                     *  800  West Wells Street              *
                     *  Milwaukee Wisconsin 53233  USA      *
                     *  and Adjunct Associate Professor     *
                     *  of Zoology                          *
                     *  University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee   *
                     *  carabid at csd.uwm.edu                 *
                     *  voice (414) 278-2762                *
                     *  fax (414) 223-1396                  *