plant name

Kent Holsinger kent at DARWIN.EEB.UCONN.EDU
Wed Feb 15 07:46:51 CST 1995

    Martin> Dear All,

    Martin> Could anyone please supply me with the scientific name,
    Martin> author and family of an eastern North American plant I
    Martin> only know by its vernacular name, goat's-rue? Any
    Martin> information would be much appreciated.

According to the 2nd edition of Gleason and Cronquist:

Tephrosia virginiana (L.) Pers.  -- Fabaceae

-- Kent

Kent E. Holsinger
Department of Ecology &
   Evolutionary Biology
University of Connecticut, U-43
Storrs, CT   06269-3043
ÿÿ    Re: plant name                                                         R M