No subject

Diana G. Horton dhorton at VAXA.WEEG.UIOWA.EDU
Fri Jan 6 12:48:58 CST 1995

Storage containers for specimens (eg. aquatic plants like
Lemnaceae) in
EtOH or FAA:  one last comment for herbaria

polypropylene lids & polyethylene liners, a number of people
kindly sent me the phone number for Kols Containers, Inc., as
well as a fewother companies.  Since Kols had an 800 number we
tried them first,but discovered that they expect one to order in
quantity because theyhv. a minimum shipping charge of over $100.
I imagine that manyherbaria, like IA,  would not be needing to
purchase more than 2-3dozen jars, so the shipping cost for Kols
is prohibitive.  Amy Edwards(Museum of Nat. Hist., Univ. of
Georgia) sent me the name & 800phone number of another company,
Scientific Specialities Service, Inc.,800-648-7800.   They
require only a $20 minimum order and ship UPS. We ordered 3 dozen
jars and they estimated $2 for shipping.

Diana Horton
Herbarium
University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA  52242