Nomenclatural Databases

zarazaga zarazaga at CC.CSIC.ES
Thu Jan 5 12:35:30 CST 1995

Sorry for posting this to the net. By an unknown reason, my personal message
to the BMNH was undelivered.
Thanks.
Delivery-Date:  5 Jan 95 12:28 +0200
From: zarazaga <zarazaga at cc.csic.es>
To: chgh at nhm.ac.uk
Subject: Nomenclatural Databases

Delivery-Date:  5 Jan 95 12:25 +0200
From: zarazaga <zarazaga at cc.csic.es>
To: cgh  <cgh at MAILSERVER.NHM.AC.UK>

I'm interested in this subject. I cuurently manage two huge databases, one on
genera and family level taxa in Curculionoidea (Insecta, Coleoptera), presently
with some 11,500 entries. The other is on species level taxa within the same
group, currently more or less complete until 1850, having now some 17,000
records, and progressing to present (now some 5,000 more records added).
This last is expected to reach some 80,000 entries.
I will be in the BMNH, Entomology Section, from 23 January to 3 February.
For more information, please, contact Dr. Christopher H. C. Lyal, in this
Dept.
Best wishes,
*    Miguel A. Alonso-Zarazaga (Dr)                        *
*    Depto. de Biodiversidad                               *
*    Museo Nacional de Ciencias Naturales                  *
*    Jose Gutierrez Abascal, 2                             *
*    E-28006 Madrid SPAIN                                  *
*    Tlf. +34-1-411.13.28 (ext. 1110)                      *
*    Fax  +34-1-564.50.78                                  *