Taxonomy of Tasmania

Roger Buttermore +61 (02) 35 0722 MUS_ROGERB at AM.TASED.EDU.AU
Thu Jan 5 23:10:35 CST 1995

The last known thylasine or Tasmanian tiger (or rarely wolf) died in the Hobart Zoo
in 1936.  Since then there have been several unconfirmed sightings of wild animals
but nothing for sure.  Current thinking is that they are extinct.

Roger Buttermore
Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery