UNIDROIT implications?

Peter Rauch peterr at VIOLET.BERKELEY.EDU
Tue Jul 11 09:44:21 CDT 1995

Doug Yanega's questions about the potential impact of UNIDROIT, _if_ it
applies to floral and faunal "cultural objects", are on the mark.
These concerns were reported in the June 95 Assoc Systematics Collections
Newsletter to have been raised by Elaine Hoagland last November with
US government officials.

However, I don't know what the current draft/final(?) says about
biological (scientific) specimens. Maybe it's all a tempest in a
museum cabinet.
Peter

According to one source: