FW: permits for visiting scholars

Joseph Laferriere joseph at BIO2.COM
Thu Jul 20 09:59:00 CDT 1995

Right. I agree. Dr. Veldkamp's comment was addressed to me personally, and I
forwarded part of it to Taxacom without his permission. I apologize for
that. I would certainly support some editing, and in a comment last week I
pleaded for civility. I do think that Dr. Veldkamp's comment was a general
one, not directed at anyone in particular.
Joe Laferriere
 ----------
From: owner-taxacom
To: Multiple recipients of list TAXACOM
Subject: Re: permits for visiting scholars
Date: Thursday 20 July 1995 12:14PM

I sent the following message to Julian Humphries in support of his idea of
an archive.  After reading the last posting from Laferrier/Veldcamp I think
its important that it be considered by TAXACOM.

We all have "morons" in official capacities; I have them here in
Massachusetts.  However, this name calling, true or not, should not go into
such an archive.   Facts, only the facts.