FWD>RE>FWD>True phylogenies

Dean Kelch dgkelch at UCDAVIS.EDU
Mon Jul 31 22:16:17 CDT 1995

I don't see that a parsimonious explanation is the same as parsimonious
nature at all. I often have heard cladistic theory critisized because
"evolution is not parsimonious." It isn't, but explanations can be
parsimonious in regard to the available evidence.

Dean Kelch
University of California, Davis