New threat to types

Paulo Petry - Fisheries petryp at UCS.ORST.EDU
Sun Jul 9 10:19:04 CDT 1995

Folks,
        I'd like to endorse Alberto's comments. As well as him, I felt a
fair amount of prejudice and arrogance in the tone of the original message.
I can not speak for all the museum folks "in the third world", but many of
them take money out of their own pockets to maintain the specimens in decent
shape.  Because of this eurocentric and colonialistic attitude, we would
not mind to have "our" specimens back, othewise it would not matter.

Best fishes,
Figure 1- Tambaqui feeding on fruits from the flooded forest
                         /////////
                       //////////
              ------------------------.
          /     Oregon State University   \            //////
        /         Dept. of Fisheries        \@@       //////
      /        )     Nash hall 104             @____///////
    /   ( @ )   )  Corvallis OR 97331             ////////
  @@>            )     Paulo Petry                \\\\\\\
    \             ) petryp at ucs.orst.edu         ____\\\\\\\
      \         )   petryp at cr-am.rnp.br       /\      \\\\\\\
         \     )   Neotropical Ichthyology   /\ \       \\\\\\
                    I FISH THEREFORE I AM !
           AMAZON FLOODPLAIN FISH ECOLOGY RESEARCH