permits for visiting scholars

Jorge Soberon Mainero jsoberon at MIRANDA.ECOLOGIA.UNAM.MX
Wed Jul 19 16:55:45 CDT 1995

I think that a centralized file with permit requirements for foreigners
(of all types. That is, not only third world countries should
contribute. Perhaps one day I will be interested in collecting
butterflies in Arizona...) is a
fantastic idea. I will certainly contribute with the Mexican
procedure, which is indeed cumbersome, but apparently not the worst in
the world. Our requirements are about to change (improve, I think). SInce
there is bound to be a high turnover, we need also some kind of updating
mechanism.