FWD>RE>FWD>True phylogenies

Ken Kailing Ken.Kailing at INTERNETMCI.COM
Sun Jul 30 19:37:03 CDT 1995

-- [ From: Ken Kailing * EMC.Ver #2.3 ] --

Yes, nature is understandable; or better, some of nature is understandable
some of the time, but  both nature and the understanding of it are
unlimited. Some "control" freaks may think otherwise. And society rewards
supposed "absolute truths,"but they are  really only as absolute as ones
own depth of inspection. The big danger is to reduce reality to make it
understandable, get the cookie, and call it real--I think only the smallest
minds will try to fool themselves into thinking they (we) understand
anything completely--or ever will. That is the true beauty of science.

Ken Kailing
Naturally, an ecologist