Diptera identifications, anyone?

Jeff Ollerton JEFF.OLLERTON at NENE.AC.UK
Fri May 24 15:24:03 CDT 1996

Dear Entomologist colleagues,

I am a plant ecologist working on (amongst other things) the ecology and
evolution of fly-trapping pollination systems, specifically Ceropegia
(Asclepiadaceae) and Arum (Araceae) in collaboration with colleagues at Kew and
Ulm.  We have some flies which need identifying, from Africa (specifically
Kenya) and Europe.  Can anyone out there help us with identifications?  I'm not
in receipt of a research grant, so can't afford to pay for IDs, but I am
willing to deposit the specimens in a public collection.  All help will, of
course, be fully ackowledged.

Thanks in advance for information and help.

Dr Jeff Ollerton
Lecturer in Ecology
Nene College
Northampton