Mission statements for herbaria?

Shawn Landry (BIO) landry at CHUMA.CAS.USF.EDU
Thu May 2 09:41:21 CDT 1996

On Wed, 1 May 1996, Diana G. Horton wrote:

> Stuart Fullerton's request brought to mind that I should do the same thing
> with respect to our plant collections.  Soooo, has anyone written one for
> a herbarium?

This is the "mission statement" we use on our web page
(http://www.usf.edu/~isb/index.html) as well as on grants, etc.:

The Institute for Systematic Botany, part of the Biology Department at
the University of South Florida, was established in 1990 with the mission
to promote basic research in plant systematics and to coordinate
research, educational, and service programs in plant systematics and
related fields at the university.

Hope this (and the shameless plug for our web site) helps,
Shawn Landry