Position for plant systematist, New Zealand

David Glenny GlennyD at LANDCARE.CRI.NZ
Wed Nov 6 09:15:00 CST 1996

        PLANT SYSTEMATIST

Landcare Research conducts biosystematics research on New
Zealand's plants using its extensive collections (at CHR herbarium),
databases, library, and laboratory resources.

We seek a Plant Systematist to join our plant biosystematics team based
at Lincoln, near Christchurch. The appointee will have proven skills in
plant systematics, including the preparation of taxonomic revisions and
the use of cladistic methodologies. They should be conversant with the
scope and application of cytological, anatomical and molecular
techniques. Experience in biodiversity assessment and species
conservation would be an asset. The major research focus will be on
monocotyledons.

The appointee will have a PhD in plant systematics, postdoctoral
research experience, and relevant experience in field work and
database use. In addition to conducting a vigorous personal programme
of research, the appointee will be expected to work in a
project-orientated team environment, and to contribute to routine plant
identifications and related consultancies.

For further information contact Dr Ilse Breitwieser, Landcare Research,
PO Box 69, Lincoln, New Zealand    (telephone +64-3-3256701 extn
3796#, Fax +64-3-3252418, E-mail BreitwieserI at landcare.cri.nz.)

Applications close 15 December 1996