Query on Naming

Jacques Rifkind Muisca at AOL.COM
Tue Nov 19 12:12:53 CST 1996

Dear Taxacomers,

I'd appreciate any opinions regarding the following question:

Does a specific name have to agree in gender and/or be latinized if it is a
noun in apposition. For example, if I were to name a species "ladidadida"
which was, say, an idiomatic expression in a Romance language (and say "dida"
was a feminine word in that language) would it still be correct according to
the Code to have "Rus (masculine generic name) ladidadida" if it were
indicated that this was a noun rather than an adjective?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Sincerely,

Jacques Rifkind (aka Gena Gulamentum)