Consulting fees

Diana G. Horton dhorton at VAXA.WEEG.UIOWA.EDU
Sat Nov 30 12:18:16 CST 1996

Robin Panzer's comment on my purported 6-figure salary brought me up short.
For Robin and anyone else who was similarly amazed, my salary (9 month) is
$47,000, plus benefits of $12,806.85.  Thus, I was in error when I said that
$50/hr does not equal my salary.  My salary (incl. benefits) would amount to
$42/hr; the rate including 48% overhead would be $62.

The selection of $50/hr as a consulting fee was more-or-less arbitrary,
based on what I had heard other people charge.

-- Diana Horton

Herbarium 312 CB
Biological Sciences
University of Iowa