Naming taxon after self (was: Valid description?)

Robin Leech robinl at NAIT.AB.CA
Fri Nov 8 13:32:51 CST 1996

You have to understand who is who when a name is written.  For example, I
could easily name a spider something such as Xus leechi Leech.  In this
case, I would be naming it after my father, whose family name happens
to be Leech.  Thus, I am not naming the spider after myself, but after my
father, who was also a biologist and collector of both spiders and insects.
This apparent conflict would be cleared when when others read the
"remarks" or "etymology" section under the new species' name.

Robin Leech