Anapagurus marginatus

John McNeill johnm at ROM.ON.CA
Tue Nov 26 07:37:55 CST 1996

Looking again at last night's e-mail, it was not just the last
sentence; I see I used "Milne Edwards & Buvier" in error for "Muller"
in the middle of the note as well.  John.

Thank you, Philip.  Of course, my last sentence is a "lapsus calami"
(now what's the Latin for "keyboard"?); it is always the junior
(later) homonym that cannot be used.  John
From: John McNeill, Director, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen's Park,
      Toronto, Ontario, M5S 2C6, Canada.
      Tel.: 416-586-5639      Fax: 416-586-8044
      e-mail: johnm at rom.on.ca

The situation with A. marginatus is as John has said, with the important
difference that it is marginatus MULLER which is invalid under Art. 57b
(in saying ME & B John made a slip of the keyboard!). A replacement
name is necessary. It is indeed irrelevant that Garcia-Gomez didn't
recognize the earlier taxon.
Philip Tubbs.
International Commission on Zoological Nomenclature
c/o The Natural History Museum
Cromwell Road
London SW7 5BD
U.K.