Citation of authorities

Don Colless donc at ENTO.CSIRO.AU
Wed Nov 6 12:39:37 CST 1996

     It's my impression that editors are coming more and more to
require ALL references at the end of a revisionary work. It's
certainly true of Australian entomological journals - and, when
you think it over, it's not a bad idea.

     On synonyms, I'm only too pleased to accept the results of
the last reviser, and just refer to him. That is, of course,
unless I find in my material reason(s) to refute some given
synonymy. But I agree, that one shouldn't quote references that
one hasn't seen - UNLESS it's to an original description, long
accepted by others, and in some obscure journal.

               *  Don Colless, CSIRO Div of Entomology, *
               *     PO Box 1700 CANBERRA. ACT. 2602    *
               *         (donc at ento.csiro.au)           *
               *     Tuz li munz est miens envirun      *