All Politics is Local -Reply

James at James at
Mon Nov 11 11:38:25 CST 1996

Mike, good post.

If you will excuse a major tangent:

> (Col. Casey loved his scopes so much he was buried with one of
them).

I thought the story went that Casey's wife said to bury the microscope
with him because he loved it so much.  Somebody from the Smithsonian
talked her out of it, and the microscope is in the Coleoptera section of the
NMNH.  (Used by occasional visitors?) -:)

Jim

Jim Matta
Office of Research                | In my former life my passion
  and Sponsored Programs    | was water beetles.
Bloomsburg University           | Funny, it still is.
Bloomsburg, PA 17815
jmatta at bloomu.edu