Sphingnothus (o Sphingnothus) and Eupholus - Beetles

Jorge A. Santiago-Blay blay at PONDSIDE.UCHICAGO.EDU
Wed Oct 2 01:30:27 CDT 1996

I am trying to track down the family placement of

Sphingnothus (o Sphingnothus) and Eupholus rather

urgently for a non-scientist.  AFter looking at BIOSIS

and then Neaves (that's all I got time today), I am

a bit at a loss because my findings so far are

pointing in the direction of Curculionidae yet the

illustrations sent to me do not appear like weevils.

Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks.

Jorge

P.S. I have not yet launched into catalogues, etc.