revolution

Wolfgang Wuster w.wuster at BANGOR.AC.UK
Wed Oct 2 15:37:14 CDT 1996

On Wed, 2 Oct 1996, Richard Zander wrote:

> Response to W. Wuster:
> 1. Decide whatever the Hennigian algorithm, a truly simplistic model of
> evolution, gives you must be the right answer.

Please explain where I even mentioned Hennigian algorithms.

As a matter of fact, the same comments can be made from a perspective of
numerical taxonomy, maximum likelihood or any other that believes that
conclusions should be based on evidence, not vice-versa. Is this really
so complicated?

> 2. Decide that supportive evidence must come from this source,

Evidence does not come from an algorithm. An algorithm is used to analyse
evidence, which comes from the organisms themselves.

> 3. and only this source.

Duuuuhhhh...

--
Wolfgang Wuster
School of Biological Sciences, University of Wales, Bangor, UK
e-mail: w.wuster at bangor.ac.uk

Thought for the day: If you see a light at the end of the tunnel,
it is probably a train coming your way.