bounty

Wolfgang Wuster w.wuster at BANGOR.AC.UK
Thu Oct 24 14:23:54 CDT 1996

On Wed, 23 Oct 1996, James Matta wrote:

> 4.  Come on guys (a genderless word in this context). We can do it.  C.P.
> Alexander averaged one new species (of crane fly) a day for a long
> time (so the legend goes).

Errrm... and how many of his species have withstood critical analysis  by
others?

This reminds me of one famous herpetologist (who shall remain nameless)
who was quoted as saying "I can describe new species faster than you guys
can sink them!"

I am not sure whether this approach will be beneficial to systematics as
a whole...

--
Wolfgang Wuster
School of Biological Sciences, University of Wales, Bangor, UK
e-mail: w.wuster at bangor.ac.uk

Thought for the day: If you see a light at the end of the tunnel,
it is probably a train coming your way.