licensing procedures

Robin Leech robinl at NAIT.AB.CA
Sun Oct 27 17:19:52 CST 1996

In Albera, we have the "Alberta Society of Professional Biologists".
This is a registered society, along with the engineers, geologists,
geophysicists, lawyers, foresters and aggies.  Part of our code (I am a
member of the ASPB!) of ethics states just exactly the concern below -
about doing things outside our areas of expertise.  As far as I know, we do
not go outside our areas of expertise very often.  One biologist was drummed
out of the ASPB a few years ago for going outside his area of expertise.

I will do your spiders for you, but not your carabid beetles.  However, I
know several who can do the carabids, and the first thing I would do is
direct you one of them.  I think that the carabidologists would do the
same for me.

Robin Leech